Our face-to-face training for groups is available to educators working with 5-19 year olds. We can come directly to your school, youth centre or community group to provide training.
- Our programme demonstrates the benefits of using film as text to develop learners' critical thinking, analytical and contextualisation skills across the curriculum.
- Participants will develop a range of skills that are transferable between film and literary texts.
- Filmmaking has the power not only to increase educational attainment for pupils across the curriculum but also to empower teachers with an exciting new means of assessing learning.
- Our filmmaking training emphasises film as a teaching tool to encourage deep and active learning, and facilitates young people taking control of their own learning processes.
Organisations with Into Film Clubs pay an exclusive subsidised rate for face-to-face training sessions:
- Half day training - £50 plus VAT
- Full day training - £100 plus VAT
Organisations without an Into Film Club pay a cost recovery price:
- Half day training - £350 plus VAT
- Full day training - £450 plus VAT
Half day: up to 3 hours
Full day: more than 3 hours, up to 6 hours
Price is per group of 15 teachers.
Browse our wide range of sessions and complete the online enquiry form to register your interest and be added to our waiting list. We'll keep you updated on the progress of your request.
We also offer face-to-face training events for individuals. Find an event near you.
Raising Literacy Attainment Through Film - Level 1
Participants are introduced to tools and techniques to help learners improve literacy through film.
Raising Literacy Attainment Through Film - Level 2
Build on our level one training to develop further approaches to support learners to access and respond to film and other texts.
Raising Literacy Attainment Through Film - iPad
Work with a selection of apps to help learners improve literacy through film.
First Steps Filmmaking
A session to build educator confidence in filmmaking outside of the school curriculum.
Improve curricular learning, attainment and assessment through the use of simple filmmaking techniques.
Develop confidence in tackling the topic of anti-bullying through film and filmmaking.
Wellbeing: Staying Safe Online
Develop confidence in tackling online safety through film and filmmaking.
Stop Motion Animation
Examine ways stop motion animation can be used as a framework for a range of curricular needs, encouraging active learning and raising attainment.
Animation Level 2
Participants build on their introductory stop motion animation training by learning 3D set building, and using lighting, colour and camera effectively.
Music and Soundtracking
Develop confidence and a range of strategies to work with film soundtracks across the curriculum.
Into Archive Film
This training session introduces participants to activities that will help integrate archive film across the curriculum.
Film Language: Sound
Explore different types of sound in theoretical and practical activities. This training session is designed for teachers of Film/Media Studies and Moving Image Arts.
Film Language: Editing
Explore different types of editing in theoretical and practical activities. This training session is designed for teachers of Film/Media Studies and Moving Image Arts.