Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of Into Film services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
We are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998
The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
What information do we collect?
We collect three kinds of information from visitors to the Into Film site:
1) Data you give to us when you sign up to the newsletter or contact us directly.
2) Data you give to us during the register, login process and feedback (through visitors emailing us) and anonymous site usage information using Google Analytics.
3) On occasion, Into Film will conduct competitions and surveys via an authorised data capture provider.
Any information collected via such service will be shared only with Into Film and used only for the purposes of the competition or survey.
Into Film will only collect the participant's age, name, phone number or email address and will not share this information with any other third party. The exception to this is the Into Film Festival. If the cinema needs to call you in an emergency (regarding your attendance at an Into Festival event they are hosting), they may contact you. They will not contact you for any other purpose.
Why do you need my date of birth when I set up an Into Film account?
Some of the content on the Into Film sites is only appropriate for certain age groups (e.g. booking tickets for the Into Film Festival is restricted to adults only) so we need your date of birth to verify your age. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
Why do you need my mobile number when I set up an Into Film account?
We may need to contact you on your mobile if any notable problems arise with an Into Film event or service you have signed up to. (e.g. an Into Film Festival event you have booked or a Film Club you have set-up).
Cookies are pieces of data that are often created when you visit a website, and which are stored in the cookies directory of your computer. They are stored in the form of a very small text file. You can find out more about cookies on the About Cookies website.
Cookies are created when you visit intofilm.org, and we use three types of cookies:
1) Session cookie: this allows us to identify logged in users, giving them access to more of the site. This is essential for the website to operate.
2) Google Analytics cookie: this allows us to generate anonymous statistics about how many people use our site, and which pages they visit.
3) 'Accept' cookie: this tells us that a user has accepted that their anonymous information can be used as part of our analytics and statistics (as above).
4) Demographics and Interests cookie: this allows us to collect anonymous data on users by age, gender and interest categories. This helps us to target our communications more effectively to users.
5) We have some relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers. They may also set cookies during your visit to be used for analysis and re-marketing purposes - to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in.
In accordance with new legislation, you can actively opt-in to these cookies being stored on your computer.
You can change settings and preferences on your browser to manage and delete cookies across all websites. If you do not know how to do this, simply contact us, giving details on the type of browser you are using, and we will do our best to help.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
When will Into Film contact me?
Into Film may contact you:
- In relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Into Film can deliver the services to you.
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence.
- In relation to any contribution you have made to Into Film or to the Into Film forum.
- To invite you to participate in surveys about Into Film services (participation is always voluntary).
- If you are the winner of an Into Film competition or prize.
Offensive or inappropriate content
We will delete any offensive or inappropriate content submitted to our website.
Can I find out what personal information Into Film holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Into Film holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
31 Islington Green