How do Into Film Clubs work?
Find out more about what's involved in running your very own Into Film Club.
Medium (5-11 activities)
Using the short film The Penguin Who Couldn't Swim, this resource is suitable for use with pupils aged 711 and helps pupils to safely identify and discuss issues around body image while celebrating the differences that make everyone unique. Using images and film highlights, pupils are encouraged to analyse and explore characters before tracking their differing emotional journeys through the entire film.
This resource is accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation with embedded clips and the teachers' notes document includes activity sheets to support learners in class or at home. Where appropriate,
suggestions for adaptation for home learning have been included in the teachers' notes.
PSHE education Relationships Education
• The importance of respecting others, even when they are very different from you (for example, physically, in character, personality or backgrounds), or make different choices or have different preferences or beliefs
• The importance of self-respect and how this links to your own happiness.
• To be able to identify similarities and differences in characters
• To recognise that differences are what make us unique
• To use visual clues to identify how a character is feeling
• To understand how differences are viewed by others
• To understand the benefits of positive friendships.
We love to hear how educators have used our resources.Contact us
We have developed a large catalogue of educational resources since launching in 2013, and some references and terminology will inevitably have dated as society and language evolves. We are aware of this and will be updating resources when our production schedule allows.