Acceptance of Terms
By using this site you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to these terms.
You will also be subject to any further terms and conditions, which may be presented as you navigate this site. These too will be binding on you. By using this site, you also accept the binding nature of any variations which we may issue whether you are specifically advised of these or not. You can obtain the latest set of terms by contacting us.
It is a condition of your use of this site that you provide such details as we request, and that these are accurate in all respects. We reserve the right to disallow your use of this site if the particulars provided are materially inaccurate, whether this is your fault or not.
Why do you need my date of birth when I set up an Into Film account?
Some of the content on the Into Film sites is only appropriate for certain age groups (e.g. booking tickets for the Into Film Festival is restricted to adults only) so we need your date of birth to verify your age. We do not use this information for any other purpose.
Why do you need my mobile number when I set up an Into Film account?
We may need to contact you on your mobile if any notable problems arise with an Into Film event or service you have signed up to. (e.g. an Into Film Festival event you have booked or an Into Film Club you have set up).
Limitation of Liability
We are not liable at all for any loss or damage which you might incur through your use of this site in any way at all. This includes, but is not limited to, any damage to person or property which might arise. If, under the relevant law, we are so liable, then our liability cannot exceed the amount of any expense incurred by you in using this site.
Submission of Material
You are welcome to submit any material for our consideration. We should warn you, however, that we do not undertake to keep such material confidential, and we have the absolute right to make use of it in any way we choose without incurring any liability to you, whether in respect of payment or otherwise.
If we do actively seek a submission, you must ensure that your submissions comply with all relevant laws and you are advised to seek legal advice in advance. If our use of your submission results in any liability to us, you agree to make good all losses we incur of whatever nature.
Use of the Resources
Content on the Into Film website ("Resources") may only be copied, downloaded and/or redistributed if that use of the Resource is not for a commercial purpose and falls within a copyright exception provided for in the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, including one or more the following:
(a) Fair dealing for the purposes of private study (Section 29)
Unless your copying of the content is for your own study purposes, this exception is unlikely to apply if multiple copies are made for more than one person to use for the same purpose, e.g. hand-outs for a class of students.
(b) Fair dealing for the sole and non-commercial purpose of illustration for instruction (Section 32)
If you are a teacher, pupil or parent of a pupil, you may be allowed to copy content in the course of teaching or being taught, or of preparing for teaching for being taught. You will need to give "sufficient acknowledgement" which means identifying the work, by its title or other description, and the author of the work. To acknowledge the author of a film you may need to identify all of the following: the author of the screenplay, the author of any underlying work such as a novel, the principal director, the production company and the author of the music. Other copyright works included in a film, such as songs or artwork, will also need to be acknowledged where relevant.
(c) Fair dealing for the purpose of criticism or review (Section 30)
The use of the content must be no more than required by the specific purpose for which it is being used. A sufficient acknowledgement is required, as with the previous exception.
Please note that it is your sole responsibility to determine whether your proposed use of any Resource falls within one of the above or any other copyright exception. The notes set out above on the terms of the exceptions are not legal advice and are provided for your guidance only.
Use of the Resources for any other purpose must be specifically approved in writing by Into Film.
In its widest sense, you agree that you will in no way abuse the online system, whether by way of spamming or in any other way. You may not reproduce, sell, resell or otherwise exploit any resource, or access to any resource, contained on this site. You may not share or disclose account log-in credentials. You are also prohibited from, again in its widest sense, undertaking any action which compromises the security of this or any other site, or that of any other user.
We take no responsibility whatsoever for the content of any sites which may be linked to this site.
The law applicable in all matters in relation to this site is the law of England and Wales, whose courts will have the sole jurisdiction to hear and settle any dispute.
Claims of Infringement
If you believe that any content appearing on this site infringes your intellectual property rights, please forward get in touch in writing through our contact us form or by post to: Into Film, 31 Islington Green, London, N1 8DU.
Competition Terms and Conditions of entry to Into Film Competitions
- All entrants must be UK residents.
- Into Film competitions are not open to employees or members of their immediate families or agents and anyone else connected with the promotion.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Winners will be notified by phone, e-mail or post and their first name will be published on the Into Film website.
- The closing date is as specified in each competition, and Into Film reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- The judges' decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a competition after the closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with 'List of winners' and the name of the competition you are enquiring about in the subject line.
- By entering the competition, the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and publicity material as Into Film may require.
- The prize may not be transferable to another person.
- Where a competition is open to all age groups, Into Film assumes that by entering the competition and if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the competition and these Rules. If a competition is only open to a certain age group (e.g. 18 and over), this will be set out in the competition Notice and Into Film assumes that by entering the competition (and you warrant that) you are the appropriate age to enter the competition.
- No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Photocopied, incomplete, defaced, damaged or incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Responsibility will not be accepted for loss of any entries.
- Into Film reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Into Film may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
- Into Film will endeavour to send prizes within a month of notification of the competition end date but cannot guarantee delivery time.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, Into Film at its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Into Film reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it has reasonable grounds to believe has breached any of the rules of the competition.
'My Film Upload' Terms and Conditions
You represent, warrant and agree that:
- You are the owner of all the rights in the content
- No content submitted by you will:
- be defamatory, abusive or offensive; infringe the copyright, moral right, performing rights, rights of privacy, trade mark or other proprietary right of any third party; constitute a misuse of any confidential information of a third party
- advertise, promote or endorse any products or services
- adversely affect the reputation of Into Film; be false or misleading; omit information that should be disclosed by you; contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to affect the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment
3) You will make sure that any necessary consent, waiver, clearance, licence or approval required for Into Film to make use of the content has been obtained and that any fees or payments relating thereto have been paid; and you have not entered into, nor will you enter into, any agreement or arrangement which could conflict with your obligations to Into Film under these terms and conditions.
You hereby indemnify Into Film against any claims arising out of or in connection to any content, including but not limited to a claim arising out of or in connection to a breach of any of the warranties set out above.
By entering the competition, you agree to be named in the media and to participate in press and promotional activities generated by Into Film.
Into Film cannot take responsibility for any loss or damage to content or such content's delivery materials, so you will be sending your delivery materials at your own risk.
In consideration of Into Film permitting you to submit your content and enter the Competition, you grant to Into Film, from the date of submission of your entry, a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and licence in perpetuity to: use, host, reproduce, edit, publish, distribute, transmit and otherwise make use of the content or part thereof in any and all media and means of distribution now known or hereafter devised, including but not limited to cinemas, linear television, television video on demand, multimedia distribution systems, the internet and mobile applications - use any trade marks, service marks or trade names (e.g. brand names, logos) incorporated in the content; and use the name and likeness of any individuals represented in the content.
In addition, you agree to waive all so-called "moral rights" to the content. (This is so we can, for example, showcase excerpts of your film alongside excerpts of other filmmakers' entries for promotions at a later date). You undertake to execute, or ensure the execution of, whatever further documents Into Film requires from time to time for the purpose of giving Into Film the full benefit of this licence if your film is selected for the shortlist.
Important: If you fail to produce the appropriate documentation upon request, your film will be removed from the Into Film website and any Into Film competitions it has been entered into.