1. This competition is open to educators in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Any entrants outside of the UK will not be eligible.
2. No purchase necessary.
3. Only one entry per pupil.
4. For the competition,an entry is defined as a written piece of writing (no more than 500 words) on A4 paper, as completed and posted to us with the competition entry form attached. This can be the physical competition form sent to schools who receive the printed pack, or a print out of the form, which can be downloaded at www.intofilm.org/cats-resource. Winners will be selected by an independent panel of judges.The competition entry will be judged on the below criteria:
a. The persuasiveness of the argument
b. The originality of the writing
5. The winner will be chosen after the closing date of 10 January 2020, and the winner will be notified by email within 3 weeks of the deadline.
6. The Prize:
One winner will receive the following:
- 1 x Post-Release Private Screening for themselves and their school class.
- 1 x Cats movie goody bag containing Cats movie branded: 1 x T-Shirt,1 x Jumper, 1 x Tote Bag and 1 x stainless steel Water Bottle.
Prize Terms and Conditions:
- a) The goody bag must be delivered to one UK address. Delivery will be made within 30 days of the prize winner confirming their postal address to the Prize Supplier or Promoter.
- b) The screening will take place post release (after 20th December 2019) at the school's local Cinema, excluding those in the West End and Westfields.
- c) Screening must occur on a weekday or morning of a weekend (the film must start before 11am on a weekend) and is subject to requested cinema's booking availability.
- d) There must be a minimum of one adult present to be responsible for those under the age of 18.
- e) All prizes elements are subject to availability.
- f) The Prize Supplier reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equivalent value.
- g) Anything not specified in these terms and conditions as being included in the prize package is excluded.
- h) If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize, the prize will be awarded to Winner and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
i) No cash alternative is offered for any Prizes and they are non-transferable and non-refundable. Winner(s) cannot change, vary, substitute or extend any element of the prize (in whole or in part).
Prize Supplier: Universal Pictures International UK + Eire Limited
7. The prize must be accepted as awarded. No alternative prize is available and the prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable.
8. All prizes will be awarded on condition that winning schools agree to take part in Universal Pictures publicity requests as appropriate. If this condition is not met by the winning pupil(s), the prize will be awarded to another entrant that does agree to this condition. We will not pass on the winning pupil/school/parent details to anyone other than the promoter.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify an entry if it's believed the competition entrant is not able to qualify their entry as their original work.
10. The Promoter reserves the right in his/her reasonable discretion:
a. to disqualify any competitor whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct.
b. to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on this website, and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims.
c. to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice.
d. and/or to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond reasonable control.
11. Competition entries will be anonymously and securely destroyed 30 days after close of the competition to protect personal data included on the entry forms.
13. Employees and agents of Universal Pictures, Into Film or any company connected with the production or distribution of a promotion or any of their associated companies are not eligible to take part in the applicable promotion, nor are their relatives or members of their families or households. Proof of eligibility must be provided on request.
14. By entering the competition, the entrants agree to be bound by the rules and by other requirements set out in this competition.
15. Promoter is Into Film. Into Film is the trading name of Film Nation.Company No: 08210217| Registered Charity Number: 1154030 | VAT Number:163402437. 31 Islington Green, London, N1 8DU