Applications for Into Film's Youth Advisory Council are open!
Deadline for Applications: Sunday 15th October 2023 by 23.59pm
Interested in learning more about the screen sector and helping to shape the work of Into Film? Apply to become a member of the Into Film Youth Advisory Council!
This is a fantastic opportunity for any young film fan, it also enables the young people to develop key skills, such as communication, teamwork and problem solving. Members also get the chance to take part in events that help with their job or university personal statements.
As part of the application, you will be asked to select your top area of interest out of 3 Into Film programmes Filmmaking, Screen Careers and Film for Learning. You can find out more on the application form below.
We are looking for young people who can help us develop exciting and engaging resources, training and opportunities across the these 3 programmes - if your making films at home, or love learning about film at school, or love watching film-careers content online… there's something for everyone. Find out more below, or apply here…
What is the Youth Advisory Council?
Children and young people are at the heart of our work - they even helped us decide on our name and logo back when we first became Into Film.
To help us find out what young people think and make sure we listen to young people, we established the Into Film Youth Advisory Council (YAC). Passionate young people aged between 10 and 18 years old come together to provide feedback on our work and take part in fun film-related activities.
Do not be intimidated because everyone is in the exact same position as you are. It's really inspiring to be a part of something like this. This is great way to learn more about the film industry.Sean (14), Youth Advisory Council Member
- Our YAC is made up of 5 regional councils to ensure we have representation from across the UK.
- You will join a meeting once a term online (with potential for 1 in person meeting each year).
- You will be invited to meet as a region, but will also get the opportunity to join other members in age-specific group meetings or to discuss a specific area of our work you can find out more in the application form.
- We can provide all support to help all members access the meetings - from technical support to covering your travel costs.
The 5 regional councils are:
- England North and Midlands based in Salford and covering: The North and Midlands of England
- England South - based in London and covering South East and South West England
- Wales based in Cardiff and covering all of Wales
- Scotland based in Edinburgh and covering all of Scotland.
- Northern Ireland based in Belfast and covering all of Northern Ireland.
If you have any questions about Into Film's Youth Advisory Council, please contact us via a parent/guardian (if under 18) on email to email@example.com
We cannot accept applications from young people who are home educated or attend non-state funded schools because the focus of our strategy is to service and support state-funded schools.
If successful with your application, you will be offered a place for 1 academic year with the option of staying on for an additional academic year at the end of the first year, making it an optional overall placement of 2 academic years.