Our training for groups is available to educators working with 5-19 year olds. We can work directly with your school, or with groups of schools and educators looking to take part in our high quality training.
- We offer a variety of sessions, which can be delivered face-to-face or online as interactive webinars.
- Our programme demonstrates the benefits of using film as text to develop learners' critical thinking, analytical and contextualisation skills across the curriculum.
- Participants will develop a range of skills that are transferable between film and literary texts.
- Filmmaking has the power not only to increase educational attainment for pupils across the curriculum but also to empower teachers with an exciting new means of assessing learning.
- Our filmmaking training emphasises film as a teaching tool to encourage deep and active learning, and facilitates young people taking control of their own learning processes.
The cost of our exclusive training is:
- £150 per session (up to 1.5 hours, please enquire about costs for half/full day webinars
- £1,250 per day, per trainer*
- £650 per half day, per trainer*
- £450 per twilight (up to 1.5 hours) per trainer*
* Number of trainers is dependent on the session type and the number of attendees
Browse our wide range of sessions below and complete the online enquiry form to register your interest. We'll keep you updated on the progress of your request.
Training in Welsh / Hyfforddiant yn y Gymraeg
Darperir sesiynau wyneb-yn-wyneb ar sail y galw a gellir trefnu rhywbeth yn benodol ar gyfer eich staff neu glwtswr drwy gysylltu â ni ar email@example.com. Wrth gysylltu â ni fe allwn ni drafod yr opsiynau gyda chi a theilwra sesiwn i gyd-fynd â'ch anghenion.
Wellbeing: Staying Safe Online
Develop confidence in tackling online safety through film and filmmaking.
Develop confidence in tackling the topic of anti-bullying through film and filmmaking.
Wellbeing: Mindfulness through Film
Learn multiple mindfulness exercises, via a collection of clips from feature and youth-made films, culminating in a light-touch filmmaking task.
Careers in Film Training
Enables teachers to further develop the skill set of their young people and to link their skills to interesting film industry job roles
Raising Literacy Through Film Level 1
Participants are introduced to tools and techniques to help learners improve literacy through film.
Raising Literacy Through Film Level 2
Build on our level one training to develop further approaches to support learners to access and respond to film and other texts.
Raising Literacy Attainment Through Film - iPad
Work with a selection of apps to help learners improve literacy through film.
Get Into Filmmaking
A session to build educator confidence in filmmaking outside of the school curriculum.
Get Into Curricular Filmmaking
Improve curricular learning, attainment and assessment through the use of simple filmmaking techniques.
Stop Motion Animation Level 1
Examine ways stop motion animation can be used as a framework for a range of curricular needs, encouraging active learning and raising attainment.
Stop Motion Animation Level 2
Participants build on their introductory stop motion animation training by learning 3D set building, and using lighting, colour and camera effectively.
Music and Soundtracking
Develop confidence and a range of strategies to work with film soundtracks across the curriculum.
Into Archive Film
This training session introduces participants to activities that will help integrate archive film across the curriculum.
Film Language: Sound
Explore different types of sound in theoretical and practical activities. This training session is designed for teachers of Film/Media Studies and Moving Image Arts.
Film Language: Editing
Explore different types of editing in theoretical and practical activities. This training session is designed for teachers of Film/Media Studies and Moving Image Arts.